PADI Open Water To Divemaster
Pattaya Diving and Fishing Dive Center (Pattaya, Thailand) is a fully accredited PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) dive center offering a wide range of PADI recreational & professional courses.
PADI Open Water To Divemaster
Price & FREE Accomodation
Number of Days: 31 day
Number of dives: varies
Open Water Diver is an entry-level certification for scuba diving and is offered by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) and is “the world’s most popular scuba course” and is the first level of full diver certification, it consists of knowledge development (theory), confined water dives (practical training) and open water dives (experience).
Advanced Open Water Diver (AOWD) is a scuba diving certification level provided by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI).
The AOWD is the second level qualification in the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) system, following the Open Water Diver qualification (OWD). At the OWD level divers gain basic knowledge of skills, equipment and theory to safely explore the underwater realm to a depth of 18 metres. The AOWD focuses on refining these skills, allowing the diver to explore a broader variety of diving to a maximum of 30 metres deep.
The course contains mandatory deep and navigation dives and knowledge together with 3 other dives usually from the following:
* AWARE-Fish Identification
* Underwater Naturalist
* Boat Diver
* Peak Performance Buoyancy
* Digital Underwater Photography
* Multilevel Diver
* Night Diver
* Search and Recovery Diver
* Drift Diver
* Underwater Videography
* Wreck Diver
The Rescue Diver course is the third level qualification in the Professional Association Of Diving Instructors (PADI) system, following the Advanced Open Water Diver qualification (AOWD) most advanced training is contingent upon having previously completed the Rescue Diver certification.
The course usually covers most of the following topics:
* Self-rescue and diver stress
* Emergency management and equipment
* Panicked diver response
* In-water rescue breathing protocols
* Egress (exits)
* Dive accident scenarios
A Divemaster is a diving qualification used throughout most of the world in scuba diving for a diver who has overall responsibility for a group of divers. ADivemaster is the lowest professional rating of the Professional Association Of Diving Instructors (PADI). This certification is a pre-requisite for becoming an instructor in recreational diving.
The role of a Divemaster is varied, but will predominantly encompass the following roles:
* Organize, conduct and supervise recreational diving activities, both land and boat based.
* Assist Instructors in conducting Diver programs.
* Act as certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors.
* Supervise participants in PADI experience programs for uncertified divers.
* Generally supervise both training and non-training related diving activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
* Teach and certify Skin Divers and Snorkellers
* Conduct the Scuba Review programs for certified divers.
* Enroll in Instructor level training
After successful certification as a Divemaster, you are able to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required to conduct some diving activities).
Divemasters have the ability to travel and work in holiday destinations all around the world. They work in diving resorts, private yachts, cruise ships and dive centres; anywhere where there is a demand for diving.